Pages

Never enough baby knits

Monday, May 12, 2014

Hi, and I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's day celebration. We had a beautiful day, a full house, lots of laughter and squealing children. I was planning a quick little post, but time just got away from me.

So I am back today to show off another adorable baby knit. I started this pattern while recovering from giving birth in the hospital. A dear friend of mine sent me this yarn from Berlin, and I wanted to make something special with it for my little one. 


A very popular baby cardigan on Ravelry is Puerperium (how DO you pronounce it?). It is written for a very small size, so it was perfect for my tiny 2lbs, 10oz baby. 


Well perfectly small for her to grow into anyway, as it still is a little big on her now, and she is 3 times as big.


It is a very fast and straightforward pattern. I enjoyed making it, and really like the way it turned out, but my absolute favourite part of this cardigan......the buttons! Aren't they adorable? Ever since I saw them in my friend's yarn shop, I planned on knitting a cardigan to fit them. I mean owls! You can never have enough owls!




The beautiful weather has finally arrived here in Montreal and I am planning on spending as much time outdoors as I can. What about you??


4 comments :

  1. It came out so cute. And the owl buttons are just perfect for it! Please post a picture of Little Miss in it once she fits into it. It'll be so cute on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, though it will be a little longer....

      Delete
  2. I love this! It's beautiful! I love the photograph on the white and gray quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the quilt as well, it was a gift from a close friend.

      Delete