Pages

Style-a-knit Svalbard

Saturday, February 27, 2016

I bet by now you thought this project, my tiny step towards a more handmade wardrobe, had been scrapped. Well, I am here to tell you that it is finished. Just in time for sweater weather, which, yes, has been here for a while, but I am only now getting around to admitting it to myself. The only good thing about low temperatures is the need to wear knits. Preferably all layered, and topped off with a cardigan like Svalbard.

I am so proud of this project. It has been a huge learning experience, one that I am happy to say I have mastered without too much pain. I love a project that stretches your limits, that teaches and challenges. It has shown me that I can knit more complicated patterns then I thought. The yarn turned out to be a great choice for the project. It has wonderful drape and makes for this lovely cushiony fabric. It is difficult to describe, but I believe it turned out the way it was supposed to. I am looking forward to reaching for this cardigan over and over again in the winter.

Other things I am looking forward to this winter? Cuddles under blankets, sipping hot cocoa, reading books, and planning our summer vacation.

And on a completely unrelated note, I have some exciting blog news to share next time around! Stay tuned!




No comments :

Post a Comment